I was six years old the first time I witnessed a home birth. Six more years and four little siblings later, I knew deep in my soul that if I could help empower families to welcome their babies the way my mother had gifted to us, I would be contributing something important and good to the world.
I pinch myself every time I think about how lucky I am to get to do something I love so much, and that I get to support people in such a profound way at such a peak moment in life. To me, it is a calling, a vocation, and a humbling privilege to be a midwife, a keeper of birth.
I love to work with families who know what they really want for their pregnancy and birth. They might not have all the technical details, but they have a strong conviction that birth is normal, that they can do it, and that home birth is right for them. I will never try to convince anyone to have a home birth. But I do find more and more people who are yearning for the timeless human experience of bringing a new child into the family as an ordinary, extraordinary part of life. Together, we can utilize modern information and safety advances as needed, while keeping it simple and letting the natural process unfold, unhindered.
A little of who I am today:
- Mom of three wild and brilliant little boys.
- Wife to an amazing, supportive partner.
- Frisbee thrower for a fetch-crazy chocolate lab.
- Small business owner.
- Kid concierge and shuttle driver.
- Seamstress, shoe cobbler, summer musical set designer.
- Audible addict.
- Life-long learner.
A little of my journey to here:
- Southern California born and raised, Midwestern transplant of 20 years.
- BA in Theater Design with Pre-Med certificate, Creighton University.
- Nursing Assistant, university hospital medical-surgical ward.
- Veterinary Assistant and Office Manager.
- Graduate Student - Biopsychology, University of Nebraska, Omaha.
- Dog Obedience Instructor.
- Actor-Educator, RESPECT anti-bullying non-profit.
- Teacher of Biology and Anatomy and Physiology, Metropolitan Community College.
- Consumer Advocate and Education Chairperson, Nebraska Friends of Midwives.
- Birth Doula.
- Student under a gifted English Midwife and an exceptional birth center midwifery team.
- Certified Professional Midwife licensed in the State of MN.
Photo by Meredith Westin Photography
Text or Call: 612-244-9928
Based in Minnetonka, MN
Offering home birth services to folks in:
Hennepin County and bordering areas of Anoka, Sherburne, Wright, Carver, and Scott Counties. Other locations on a case-by-case basis.
Lactation Services anywhere throughout the Twin Cities Metro area.